How to get serial output from a virtual firewall in VMwareLast modified on 9 Mar, 2022. Revision 11
|Up to date for||
I’m trying to log the serial console output from my virtual firewall in VMware, how can i accomplish this?
There are a couple of ways to get serial output from a virtual firewall, The simplest is to send the output to a text file.
To do this in a VMware client, follow the steps below:
- Make sure the virtual firewall is powered down.
- Click "Edit virtual machine settings".
- In the "Hardware" tab, click "Add...".
- Select "Serial Port".
- Select output to file (e.g. Console_output.txt) and click "Next".
- Select an output file and then click "Finish".
When the virtual firewall is powered up, you may get a message that the serial port output file already exists.
If you would like to start from a clean slate, click “Replace”.
If you would like the output to continue from where it left off, click “Append”.
2 Feb, 2022 vmware esxi
23 Aug, 2022 vmware log ha rarp arp core