Could not open outbound connection?Last modified on 9 Mar, 2021. Revision 4
|Up to date for||
cOS Core 12.00.xx
cOS Core 8.x
When i perform a ping from the CLI console i get the following message : “Could not open outbound connection?” What is the reason for this?
There are many of reasons for this, below is a list of both common and uncommon reasons.
- Failed to find a route to the destination IP
- Failed to find a route to the source IP
- The connection table is full (and conn-replace fails)
- Failed to acquire a new ICMP ID or source TCP/UDP port for NAT'ing
- UDP Src Port 0 is specified, but not allowed (by setting)
- Failed to acquire an IP from the NAT pool
- SLB fails to apply the configured policy
- Threshold rules does not allow a new connection at this stage
The first two, “Failed to find a route to dest/src IP” is the most common causes of this message.
9 Dec, 2022 core stateless connections
23 Jun, 2021 core connections
23 Aug, 2022 core behaviour icmp ping traceroute
24 Mar, 2021 core connections
23 Aug, 2022 core connections ipsec memory