Could not open outbound connection?Last modified on 9 Mar, 2021. Revision 4
|Up to date for||
cOS Core 12.00.xx
cOS Core 8.x
When i perform a ping from the CLI console i get the following message : “Could not open outbound connection?” What is the reason for this?
There are many of reasons for this, below is a list of both common and uncommon reasons.
- Failed to find a route to the destination IP
- Failed to find a route to the source IP
- The connection table is full (and conn-replace fails)
- Failed to acquire a new ICMP ID or source TCP/UDP port for NAT'ing
- UDP Src Port 0 is specified, but not allowed (by setting)
- Failed to acquire an IP from the NAT pool
- SLB fails to apply the configured policy
- Threshold rules does not allow a new connection at this stage
The first two, “Failed to find a route to dest/src IP” is the most common causes of this message.
23 Jun, 2021 core connections
15 Jan, 2021 core behaviour icmp ping traceroute
24 Mar, 2021 core connections
18 Feb, 2021 core connections ipsec memory